Personally, I stay tack the back and pull to the front first. Then, I go to the back. Getting most of the slack out of the fabric from front to back will eliminate most of the variance from side to side on a stripe.
Very nice, helpful video. Thank you. My only negative comment (intended as constructive criticism) is that it is difficult to see what you are doing (you corrected that nicely at 3:05 when you turned the seat around) at some times because you limited yourself to a stationary camera. Having a friend move the camera around some and maybe zoom in when you do your corners would be helpful. Thank you for posting this informative, helpful video.
Thank you for this great video. I am trying to redo my chairs and am running into problems at the corner. The existing cover has no visible fold, just slight pleats. The foam was pretty degraded so I had new foam custom made but it is more square than the original and less rounded so I am not sure if that is a potential problem and or that poly batting maybe I need to add that. Any tips? Is the squared foam limiting me in getting a non visible corner? Will the batting help? I can't see your corners too well to see how they looked when finalized. Thanks in advance for any advice.
great video!
ReplyDeletePersonally, I stay tack the back and pull to the front first. Then, I go to the back. Getting most of the slack out of the fabric from front to back will eliminate most of the variance from side to side on a stripe.
ReplyDeletethanks for spending some of your time to show the internet this.
ReplyDeleteVery nice, helpful video. Thank you. My only negative comment (intended as constructive criticism) is that it is difficult to see what you are doing (you corrected that nicely at 3:05 when you turned the seat around) at some times because you limited yourself to a stationary camera. Having a friend move the camera around some and maybe zoom in when you do your corners would be helpful. Thank you for posting this informative, helpful video.
ReplyDeleteThank you
ReplyDeletethanks for that great video.. Now i have to redo my upholstery , so that i will look like yours. Professional. Great..
ReplyDeletecould hardly hear you.
ReplyDeleteSome videos folks don't put the poly batting between the fabric and foam. What's the negative aspects of not having batting. Shape? Edges?
ReplyDeleteI learned a lot. What kind of staples are you using? Do they have chisel points?
ReplyDeletethis guy thinks he is at the OK Carral firing more staples than I have ever seen
ReplyDeleteOMG, YOU WON AT THE SHOOT OUT! WAY OVERLOADED FOR ME!
ReplyDeleteje pense qu il aime le beige...
ReplyDeleteThank you for this great video. I am trying to redo my chairs and am running into problems at the corner. The existing cover has no visible fold, just slight pleats. The foam was pretty degraded so I had new foam custom made but it is more square than the original and less rounded so I am not sure if that is a potential problem and or that poly batting maybe I need to add that. Any tips? Is the squared foam limiting me in getting a non visible corner? Will the batting help? I can't see your corners too well to see how they looked when finalized. Thanks in advance for any advice.
ReplyDelete